Search This Blog

Ramadan in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia [Part VIII] - The Unfortunate & Solution Seeker

Friday, August 29, 2014

It was unfortunate moment. Why? I got period/menstruation in Makkah. When all we know that the main purpose visiting Makkah is for Umra or Hajj. While if you're on period, you're not allowed to do this prayer. You must be suci. But thank God Alhamdulillah I had done my 1st Umra.

And the primacy of Umra in Ramadan is that the reward is equal with doing Hajj with Rasulullah. So we might have as many reward as we want just depend on our intention.

One thing more, i didn't bring any pads nor tampon. So i need to find the closest pharmacy or supermarket. Another thing, i didn't bring enough cash. So how was i supposed to pay?

There is one mall located right in front of Masjid Al Haram, in lowest floor of the hotel. Most of the shops there selling souvenirs and clothes or dress. But there are also supermarkets and pharmacy too. And, the most important thing imo, an ATM!

I only brought my wallet but i have a debit card inside, visa debit card. I saw it has a visa logo as well as the atm so i took a shot. IT WORKED! Even tough my debit card was issued by local bank in my country but since it was registered with visa so it may be used internationally.

To know about foods and goods I bought with full price list, you can visit this link: food & price list

First problem solved. Second: What I'm gonna do while having my period?

We are still allowed to do Sa'i, Dzikr. What we're not allowed to: Shalat, Tawaf. So when I was on my period I only did Sa'i before Fajr prayer, after Dhuhr prayer, and after Isha prayer (to replace tarawih). And when i hadn't finished Sa'i and it came time to Shalat, I will stop wherever the imam started the prayer, because in every corner every place there were people praying shalat and it would awkward if i keep walking for Sa'i. When they're shalat, I sat and listen to the prayer (pretending like I'm not in my period and still allowed to pray Shalat but not able to stand) (i really had no idea what am i supposed to do since our leader is a man that could not be easily found and I have this anxiety to talk to men so I do based on instinct as long as is not braking the rule).

In other point, when it was Jumu'ah prayer or special prayer on Friday, when I was still on my period, I hadn't finished doing Sa'i but the Jumu'ah prayer was already started, so I just sat and listen to khutbah (the religious speech before shalat). And when the other people, even also all the staff, started to Shalat 2 raka'ats, I just sat and keep quiet like I was doing shalat too but in sit position. After they finished Jumu'ah prayer, i continued doing Sa'i.

Yes, i was doiing Sa'i several time. I wish i could do Tawaf but i couldn't. Thus I still wanted to spend as much time in the number one mosque on earth. Plus, there it has unlimited Zam-zam water (What is Zam-zam water? See here.)

That was my second solution.

Read my next story enjoying Makkah on [Part IX]
or read my previous story on [Part VII]

No comments:

Post a Comment