Search This Blog

Surabaya Trip Part I: EHEF 2014

Monday, December 1, 2014

It was 30hrs before my trip, I just decided it very dramatically due to heart break! AGAIN! Isn’t that annoying you have someone disappointed you and you need an escape to at least relieve the pain? That’s what I did, for the second time. At the first, I made my way to escape my country Indonesia! But several days ago, I just made it to Surabaya, but with so much European taste. Hell yeah!

1. European Higher Education Fair 2014

This was my main destination that I finally visited Surabaya. I’ve been dreaming living in Surabaya several years ago but the univ I applied in was rejecting me, so, poor me, staying in Jogja was win-win solution. But anyway, EHEF was an exhibition presenting tens European Universities in one place; they're from: Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and United Kingdom.


Even tough most of them were private university, but they still some scholarships are available as well. I was about to go to Jakarta EHEF since there was Spanish Embassy that also offer scholarship, but unfortunately i ran out of ticket to Jakarta. So I ran for Surabaya. In Surabaya, there was no Spanish Embassy and there were only two private Spanish Universities. One of the representatives was native Spanish, I talked to him for like 30minutes IN SPANISH! HELL YEAH feels good man!
I do hope that i can follow one of their programs sometime, it’s kinda affordable but still not sure to leave my mum for 3 months ._.

Then, goes to the other universities and i talked and asked a lot about their programs. I came early so it wasn’t really that crowd and I got many chances to have nice chit-chat with the representative that almost all foreigners. But there’s one, ONE that reaaaaally captivated me. It’s CHARLES UNIVERSITY IN PRAGUE; FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS. Why? I talked to its representative like the longest, perhaps like 30minutes or more. I got like full and detail explanations as well. Even I asked about credits per semester, the subjects, the materials for masters, the city etc. He was so nice, and friendly and they gave me so many souvenirs too hehe
I do wish one day I can continue my study in Prague. Mostly because the univ also focus in math-physic which are my fav. I WANT TO BE SCIENTIST!



a few items from EHEF


And lol because I was so excited, I didn’t even have time to take more picture inside EHEF 2014 hehe

Read my next trip in Surabaya HERE :)

1 comment

  1. New web site is looking good. Thanks for the great effort. EHEF

    ReplyDelete

 

Follow me!