Search This Blog

Semarang: Chinese Temple Sam Poo Kong

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Just to close our trip to Semarang, Sam Poo Kong, the Chinese temple, was our last site before we were heading home. And this time I seriously am not capable to tell the history ever since I don’t really read it. But then there’s this power of Google just to answer my curiosity. Or Wikipedia.

Chinese Temple, Sam Poo Kong

I’ll tell a bit more about my trip to Sam Poo Kong. So we were heading from Ngaliyan, and took public transportation or local people call it angkot to Karangayu. There’re some yellow angkot  across Karangayu traditional market that is going through Sam Poo Kong. So twice angkot only cost IDR 6000.

Not only as the largest Chinese temple in Central Java and Yogyakarta, but this is also a tourism site so not only Chinese pilgrims that are welcomed but everyone is. As normal tourism spot, Sam Poo Kong also has a mushola a.k.a mini mosque. So there might be two kinds of prayers in one place. I love this tolerance system.

and honestly I don't really have too much to tell so let these nice pictures tell and amazed you.


















No comments:

Post a Comment